Tuesday 21 July 2009

Swine flu strikes!!

Ah well it had to happen didn't it? If anyone in our family was going to get it was going to be me!

I hadn't felt particularly good all last week - sore throat, headache, sweaty etc but not really that ill. A couple of times my mum said 'you don't think it's swine flu do you?' I felt a bit better on Friday but Saturday morning I started to feel a bit odd. By the time hubby came home at lunchtime I thought something was not right so he phoned the doctors. The doctor came out at around 5 and confirmed as much as they can without swabs/tests etc that I did have it and gave me some Tamiflu.

By 7 o'clock I was feeling awful - I had the mother of all headaches, I was hot then freezing cold, I ached everywhere and then came 2 hours of being physically sick. I couldn't even keep the tiniest drop of water down so I couldn't take any painkillers. Hubby had to go out at 9 to a late night chemist to get me something to stop the sickness which thankfully meant that I could take paracetamol (and keep them down) at about 10 o'clock so finally my high temperature and headache subsided for a few hours.

So here I am on Tuesday, day 4 and this is the first day without a headache. I still feel a bit sick and light headed and I haven't got much energy but I'm on the mend. I think it will be another couple of days before I get to work again. I just hope hubby and the boys don't come down with it. Can you imagine it - a man with proper flu!! God help us!

7 comments:

Eve Smith said...

Oh poor you i hope you are on the mend, I have heard about loads of people getting it now, i had runny nose today and kept on getting sweaty, hope i'm not next,

Vicki said...

Aw it sounds so horrible...!!! I get you get better soooooon!!! I phoned doctors on Friday and they confirmed that I had the beginning symptoms on the dreaded S WORD I slept for a few days striaght have felt very sick for the last couple of days (and the rest!), but wouldn't let that tamiflu stuff anywhere near me... everyone I have spoke to about it (loads of people have got it here) makes me think that it is better to get over it without it, as It seems to have made people alot worse :-s... still feeling sick and not eating much... but on my feet (boyfriend hasn't got it at all though so fingers crossed for your other half and little ones!!!) get better soon xxx

Mel P said...

Oh lord you poot thing. Get well soon Take care Lovely xxx

Mel P said...

Oh lord you poot thing. Get well soon Take care Lovely xxx

Oblibby said...

Oh you poor thing. Hope you're on the mend now.

Our Favorite Things said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry that you have the H1N1 flu but I'm glad that you decided to take the tamiflu. They say here in the states that it won't prevent the flu but will limit the severity and possible death. Scary huh?? Tell hubby to wash hands a lot!!!! I was so happy today to get on your website before everything was sold, Rachel you do beautiful work and I love the Neptunes! Get well soon.

Earth and Fire beads said...

Aw thank you for your well wishes evryone. At least no one else in the family got it thankfully.