Tuesday 22 April 2008

Organics



I've been making lots of organic beads recently. I tend to go through phases of making a particular type of bead which is good because you can discover great new colour schemes or designs by focusing on a certain technique.


So what exactly is an organic bead? Well to me organic beads have an element of nature in them, often resembling rocks or stones and the designs are very random. I use silvered ivory a lot in my organic beads - it creates some fantastic effects. Some colours react with each other to produce lovely organic designs. These turquoise and ivory 'stone' beads are a good example of that.


I'm really pleased with these ivory beads. They have beautiful veining in them just like marble. I'm undecided though whether I should etch them or not. Both these sets should be on the website later tonight.

No comments: